Week 22 in G1!
This week in reading, students learned more about working with a partner to improve his/her reading. In pairs, students practiced working together to solve problems and retell the story in order. See photos below.
Students began writing reviews of things and places this week, like games, movies, and restaurants. We practiced writing as though we are talking to our readers and writing an introduction that hooks the reader to make our reviews convincing. Ask your student to tell you what they are reviewing!
In math, we finished Unit 6 and reviewed for the assessment that students will take on Monday and Tuesday next week. Then we will begin Unit 7. In that unit, students will learn about fact families, more subtraction strategies, shapes and their attributes, and digital clocks.
We began learning about natural-made and man-made features in social studies. Students wrote and drew about natural-made landforms found here in Nepal and compared those with man-made things around us. Ask your student about these types of features that you notice around our community!
Yesterday the librarian, Mr. Jeremiah, sent home overdue notices with students who still have books checked out from prior to winter break. If you received one of these notices, please be sure to located these books and return them to school as soon as possible. Be in touch with me or Mr. Jeremiah if you have any questions.
Upcoming important dates:
- Monday 2/5 – ASA Showcase assembly at 8:00am in the Globe Theater
- Tuesday 2/6 – ASA Season 2 ends
- Thursday 2/8 – SAISA Opening Ceremony around 8:15am in the gym
- Tuesday 2/13 – G1 Art/Nepali Studies field trip (change of date!)
- Thursday 2/15 to Monday 2/19 – Mini Break, no school
- Tuesday 2/20 – ASA Season 3 begins
- Monday 2/26 & Tuesday 2/27 – Visiting author John Coy