Short Week 30 in G1!
It was so great seeing everyone who came to International Day & the Service Expo on Saturday! If you missed it, find out more about G1’s service learning project progress on our class website.
This week we began a new shared reading book, Iris and Walter and the Field Trip. Students practiced taking a sneak peek before they read, as well as making predictions and keeping track of where and when the story is taking place as they read.
As writers, students evaluated their own work and set a goal for improving his/her realistic fiction story. Students are continuing to write new adventures for their made-up characters, creating their own series of fiction books.
Students learned about combining two or more shapes to make a composite shape and about 3D shapes and their attributes in math. Help your child look for examples of 3D shapes around you!
In science, we wrapped up some work on animals and plants. We will begin a new unit in social studies on economics following break.
Spring Break homework:
- Reading: Read for at least 15 minutes each day and practice making predictions. Practice sorting and writing word sort words.
- Math: Home Link 8-6 and practice the highlighted skills on IXL.
Upcoming important dates:
- Thursday 3/29 to Sunday 4/8 – Spring Break, no school
- Monday 4/9 – G1 Number Scrolls video presentation at morning assembly, 8:00am in the Globe Theater, parents are welcome
- Monday 4/16 – Nepali New Year Holiday
- Tuesday 4/17 – Visiting author Ammi-Joan Paquette
Have a safe and happy Spring Break! See you back at school on Monday, April 9th.