Welcome to Lincoln
Lincoln School offers a Pre-K to 12 college preparatory program that helps students to become independent, self-aware thinkers possessing deep understandings and powerful learning skills. Lincoln provides a dynamic, engaging, academic curriculum based on inquiry, and responsive to the needs of our students. Cross-disciplinary learning is an important focus at Lincoln, and our core curriculum is enriched at every level with learning opportunities in theater, music and fine arts, technology, service learning, physical education and athletics.
The Lincoln community is fully international, with students and faculty from over thirty countries. Our program places special value upon cross-cultural and community-building skills and teamwork.
Lincoln offers small class sizes, an outstanding international faculty and support staff, and a community oriented learning environment that fosters the well being of the whole student.
From the Director - May 17
Dear Lincoln School Community,
A weekend note to keep you all updated on recent and future activities at Lincoln School.
Last Thursday's annual athletic banquet went well. We had close to two hundred people in attendance celebrating the successful conclusion of our SAISA sports activities. The event was held outside, and as presentations wrapped up and dinner was served, videos were shown of the year's activities. Well done all!
Students and teachers who worked together on AP studies also had a successful celebration after school on Friday. It was a quiet dinner with lots of good food and laughter.
One can tell the year is fast coming to a close because our secondary students came together at school on Saturday and celebrated their annual prom. Over forty students attended. A special thank you to our faculty chaperones who supervised the event.
A few announcements for the coming week:
- After school activities will be discontinued for the remainder of our school year.
- Our secondary "zero hour" classes will continue for this week.
- The pool will not be accessible for the remainder of the school year.
- Students will be dismissed at 3:10 pm for the remainder of the year. However, there will be a 4:00 pm bus for the secondary students who wish to meet with faculty for additional help and studies
- Faculty and teacher assistants will be on campus until the 4:00 pm bus leaves.
- We will be having the regular PD schedule on Wednesday, May 20th. Students will be dismissed at 2:30 pm and Faculty and TAs will continue to work on PD activities until 4:30 pm.
- LS Association meeting on May 20th, 5:00 pm, followed by senior/sophomore project gallery opening from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. Please come and support student learning.
- Graduation will be held this coming Saturday, 6:00 pm at Lincoln School. Stay tuned for more details.
Finally for those families who have left Kathmandu for the summer, please continue to make use of our on line learning opportunities. If you are having any difficulties, please contact your teacher or building principal. We are here to help
Again, thanking you all for your continuing support.