We empower all students to be aware of themselves, their community, and the global environment. Using this awareness, we foster empathy, inspiration, and the ability to selflessly serve as compassionate global citizens and leaders who are actively engaged with their communities.
We believe that service learning:
• is based on the three A’s: Awareness, Ability, and Action.
• begins with oneself.
• is an approach to teaching and learning where students use their knowledge and skills to address genuine community needs.
• provides opportunities to become compassionate and active proponents of change.
• includes continual reflection and analysis of the process.
• strengthens the school curriculum, which in turn strengthens the service learning.
• promotes, diversity, mutual respect, and understanding of different cultures.