At Home Learning
Summer Online Music Learning
Note Trainer (Tenuto) This game works on naming notes on the staff. You may go into the settings and pick treble clef, bass clef or both and set the note range you wish to work on.
Mighty Music Man This quiz will work on key names – you must know your sharp and flat names to play this one!
Key Quiz Another key name game
Keyboard Trainer On this key name game you can turn the black keys off or on!
60 Second Club See how many notes you can name in 60 seconds – join the club!
Snowflake notes Here is a fun game to work on treble clef during the holiday season.
Interval Sled This game makes recognizing your intervals fun.
Meteor Match For beginners – earn points by recognizing quarter and half notes!
Musical Darts Also for beginners – earn points on a dart board by recognizing musical symbols.
Ties and Slurs Quiz Do you know a tie from a slur? Find out!
Online Flash Card Games Note Naming Games using online Flashcards
- Dennis Alexander : A favorite composer among my students. Click on “compositions” on the left side of the page and you can select a song and hear Mr. Alexander playing it.
- Free Composer Coloring Pages : MakingMusicFun.net offers a collection of free printable coloring pages and worksheets to make learning about our great composers a fun and engaging activity.
- Free Music Theory Worksheets : MakingMusicFun.net offers a collection music theory worksheets that are jam-packed with fun, while providing sound educational strategies for music students to learn and drill their skills.
- How to Help Your Child Succeed at Piano : A good article about how parents should pick and interview a teacher. It also talks about how to set expectations with your child in order to be positive and successful with piano lessons.
- Online Metronome : Keeping a steady beat
- Online Music Dictionary : A music dictionary provided by Virginia Tech
- Ultimate Guitar : Print the lyrics and chords to pop songs.
- Piano Workshop : This website will tell you anything you want to know about how a piano works, how much does it weigh, and much more.
- The Well Balanced Pianist : This website demonstrates through photos the importance of sitting properly at the piano.
More summer Online Resources
Composing P1, Grade 1, and Grade 2
Classical MPR has great videos that explain the different elements of music and how those elements fit into composing.
Fun online composing games for children.
Blank staff paper for children to compose on.
Music Literacy Practice
This website has a fun interactive quiz that kids can use to practice note reading skills.
This website is a bit more challenging but incorporates sharps and flats along side note names.
Grade 5 Composing
April 11, 2017
Continue composing at home with noteflight.com
Use your school email and password to log in
Instruments in the Orchestra
posted Oct 7, 2016
This is a great website to explore the instruments in the orchestra with your child. San Fransisco Symphony has put together a great resource for kids!
posted Sep 30, 2016
A helpful article about motiving your child to practice his or her instrument at home.
posted Sep 30, 2016
This is a great way for kids to review note names at home! Fun and easy to use.
posted Sep 8, 2016
A great at home recourse for your child! There are games, activities, and age appropriate music for you and your child to listen to.
posted Sep 7, 2016
Minnesota Classical Public Radio – a great online music recourse for your children. Educational videos about music related topics covered in class.